Public Assistance Qualifications
If you qualify for the reduced fee by virtue of participation in public assistance, then you will need to submit a copy of the official paperwork that reflects which program that you or someone in your household is currently participating in.
If you qualify for the reduced fee because of income, then you may choose to use household income during the 12 months before the date of your application, or household income during the 90 days before the date of your application, converted to a yearly amount. Eligibility for a reduced fee is based on the lesser amount.
Attach proof of income for the past 90 days or 12 months; if your household income has changed during the past 12 months, it may be to your advantage to attach proof of your income for the past 12 months (rather than proof for only the past 90 days). Provide recent proof (copies, if possible) of all income of all members of your household (except unrelated roommates) as follows:
- Employment – Copies of pay stubs for the most recent month or any other proof of your income for the past 90 days or 12 months.
- Veteran’s Benefits – Copy of one check, award letter or most recent bank statement showing direct deposit of benefit.
- Unemployment Compensation – Eligibility notice.
- Social Security – Copy of one check, award letter or most recent bank statement showing direct deposit of benefit.
- Child Support – Copy of current statement from Domestic Relations.
- Workers Compensation – Statement from employer’s insurance carrier.
- Monthly Interest/Dividends (over $25/month) – Copy of most recent bank statement
- Rental Income – Most recent rent receipt or tenant statement